A delicious starter recipe with soft and spicy chicken taste.
- 1/2 kg Chicken
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1+1 tsp red chilli powder (for marinade and color)
- 1/4 black pepper powder
- 1 tsp coriander (dhaniya) powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2+1+1 tbsp oil (for marinade+ grilling+color)
Preparation steps For Marination
- In a deep bowl add yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder (1 tsp) salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, oil (1 tsp) and lemon juice. Mix everything well to make a thick marinade.
- Make deep cuts on chicken pieces and add them to the bowl. Cover the chicken pieces with the marinade. The masala should reach deep inside the chicken Cover and freeze for 6 hours.
How To Cook Tandoori Chicken (Murgh Tandoori)
- Heat a pan on low flame and add 2 tbsp of oil.
- When the oil is hot, keep the marinated chicken pieces in the pan. Put the flame to medium heat.
- Flip the pieces after 3 to 4 minutes to cook evenly on both sides. Smear any left over marinade to the pieces. Keep flipping the pieces every 3 to 4 minutes until cooked.
- To make it more spicy, mix red chilli powder in oil. Smear this mix on the chicken pieces.
- Cook until the chicken is soft.
- Serve with sliced onion and lemon wedges.
Important: To get the authentic taste the marinade should be applied properly and kept of atleast 6 hours.