- 3/4 cup Toor dal (arhar dal)
- 1/4 cup chana dal (split bengal gram)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup bottle gourd (lauki), cut into pieces
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 3/4 cup onion, slices
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
How to prepare
- Clean and soak Too dal and chana dal in water for about 40 minutes. Drain water.
- Add 3 cups of water, dals, tomatoes, turmeric powder, bottle gourd pieces, salt in pressure cooker and cook until 2-3 whistles as the dals get tender.
- heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When the seeds begin to crackle, add ginger, onions, green chillies, garlic and saute till onions turn light brown. If the onions seems to burn, sprinkle few drops of water.
- Add 1 cup of water and cooked dal in the pan and bring to boil on high flame.
- Lower the flame and garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Important: You can separately fry some onion and use for garnish with coriander leaves.