A simple soya sabzi that is full of calcium and proteins with a spicy twist.
- 1 cup soya granules
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp green chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- salt to taste
How to prepare
- Soak Soya granules in warm water for about 10 minutes. Add some salt along with granules. After 10 minutes, squeeze the granules and drain the water.Keep these aside.
- Heat some oil in the pan and add cumin seeds. When seeds crackle, add garlic, ginger, green chillies and saute on medium flame for 20-30 seconds.
- Add chopped onions and capsicum and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, garam masala and 1/4 cup water in the pan and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir the mix continuously so that the masala does not stick to the pan.
- Add the soaked soya granules in the pan and mix well. Cook on low flame for 7 to 8 minutes. Stir the mix in between.
- When cooked, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.