An unusual flavour of karela with kadhi in this unique low calorie recipe
- 1/4 cup bitter gourd (karela) finely chopped
- 1 cup low fa curd (dahi)
- 2 tbsp besan (Bengal gram flour)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
How to prepare
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water, besan and curd in a bowl and mix well. Whisk well so that no lumps are formed and paste is smooth.
- Heat some oil in a pan on medium flame and add onion. Saute till onions turn light brown.
- Add bitter gourd pieces and salt to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.Bitter gourd pieces should turn soft.
- Add besan-curd-water mix, salt, ginger-green chilli paste and mix them well. Bring this mix to boil. Stir in between.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Important: Cook the karela well so that most of its bitterness is gone before adding curd.