Low calorie recipe which mixes a variety of dal rich in calcium, proteins and iron.
- 2 tbsp toor dal (arhar)
- 2 tbsp whole masoor dal (whole red lentil)
- 2 tbsp whole urad dal (whole black lentil)
- 2 tbsp whole moong dal (whole green gram)
- 2 tbsp chana dal (split bengal gram)
- 1/4 cup curd, beaten
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 cardamom (elaichi)
- 1 stick cinnamon stick (dalchini)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds powder (jeera powder)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf) powder
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- salt to taste
How to prepare
- Clean and wash all dals thoroughly in water and soak them in warm water for ateast 1 hour. Drain the water and keep dals aside.
- Add 4 cups of water and dals in a pressure cooker and cook for about 3 whistles on medium flame. Let the dals be cooked. Open the lid as the steam escapes.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. As the seeds begin to crackle, add cinnamon stick, cardamom and onions. Saute on medium flame till onions turn light brown.
- Add tomatoes, fennel seeds, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder and red chilli powder. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes and keep stirring continuously.
- Add curd to the pan and mix it will. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add the cooked dals and salt in the pan and mix the well. Bring the mix to a boil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Important: Take the quantity of various dal in equal proportion for best results.