A tasty and unique middle eastern chicken recipe to try at home..
Ingredients for Chicken Shawarma Recipe
- 250 gm Chicken, cut to small 1 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (lehsun)
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1/8 tsp turmeric (haldi)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder (dal chini powder)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper powder (kali mirch powder)
- salt to taste
How to Marinate Chicken Shawarma
- Take a deep bowl and add minced garlic, olive oil, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric, cinnamon powder, black pepper powder and salt. Mix these well for form a paste.
- Add the chicken pieces in the bowl and mix with the paste so that chicken pieces are covered with paste.
- Cover and keep in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.
How to Make Chicken Shawarma Recipe
- Keep the pan on medium flame and add 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- When the pan is hot, spread the marinated chicken pieces.
- When one side is cooked, flip the pieces to cook on the other side. The pieces will turn golden brown and soft.
- Serve hot with garlic sauce.
Important: You can also roll the chicken pieces in a roti to make a wrap.