This is a simple indian chicken curry with minimum ingredients and still tastes delicious.
- 1/2 kg Chicken
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, slit
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- salt to taste
Spice to Make Curry Powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 bayleaf
- 5 cloves
- 2 pieces cinnamon , 1 inch each (dal chini)
- 4 green cardamoms (choti elaichi)
Extra for taste
- 3 tbsp yogurt (dahi)
How to Make Chicken Curry recipe
- Take some oil in a pan and add the whole spice and heat on a low flame for 1 minute.
- Add chopped onions and saute till they turn golden brown. Now add ginger-garlic paste and saute again for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt and mix well. Cook for few minutes till tomatoes are cooked and become soft. Now add yogurt, red chilli powder, garam masala and coriander powder (you can also use ready made curry masala)
- Cook on a low flame till nice aroma starts coming and everything is cooked.
- Add chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes till chicken turns white in color. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add hot water in the pan to make curry. Check the consistency according to your requirement.
- Cover the lid and cook on a low flame for about 10-15 minutes. Check the chicken is fully cooked and curry also becomes thick.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Important: Use only hot water for gravy as cold water can harden the chicken.