If you are looking to reverse diabetes naturally, it becomes important that you learn a few things about the disease.
It will help you to understand the disease, its types, and easy and simple means by which you can reverse diabetes.
Therefore it is very important to take steps to find some kind of a means to easily cure diabetes naturally.
Type 2 diabetes if not managed properly can lead to many other health conditions. They might vary from simple conditions like swollen skin to some serious conditions likes nerve damage, kidney problems, and even death.
There are many real-life cases that have been published on the internet and medical journals that point to the fact that type 2 diabetes is reversible in many cases than anticipated before.
According to the U.S. Center for Disease Control, more than 30.5 million Americans suffer from diabetes. This also included 7.4 million people who are not even aware of it. Diabetes can happen at any age and can affect any age group.
Pre-diabetes is a condition when the blood glucose level is above normal but just below the threshold of diabetes. Prediabetic people may become diabetic soon if the situation is not taken under control.
Apart from the financial costs related to diabetes, more frightening are the complications that can arise as side effects. People with diabetes are also seen to suffer from heart diseases, stroke, and also diabetic ketoacidosis.
What Causes Diabetes
Diabetes is a result of increased sugar level in blood. It happens when the body does not release a normal amount of insulin to breakdown food to get energy.
Our pancreas releases Insulin. Insulin is the hormone that regulates the blood sugar level.
Type 1 Diabetes:
Type 1 diabetes is also called “juvenile diabetes” as it mostly develops at a young age. Sometimes, even before 20 years of age. This is an autoimmune disease where the insulin-producing beta cells are attacked by the immune system. Due to this, the pancreatic cells either produce less or no insulin.
Type 2 diabetes cannot be reversed, but with some dietary changes and reduction on insulin or medication is possible.
Type 2 Diabetes:
This is a common form of diabetes and mostly seen in people over 40 years of age. It also usually occurs in people who are overweight. A state of insulin resistance when the body does not respond well to the insulin being released.
Type 2 diabetes is a kind of metabolic disorder. This is caused by a high blood sugar level.
Type 2 diabetes can happen due to one or more of the factors like poor diet, sedentary life, stress, or family history of diabetes. In the long term, diabetes can greatly affect the system in the body including sleep, vision, and digestion.
4 Steps to Reverse Diabetes
Step 1: Limit these foods in your diet to reverse diabetes naturally
- Refined Sugar: Refined sugar can cause rapid spikes in blood sugar levels. Avoid any drinks like soda, fruit juice, and sweetened drinks. The sugar from these drinks enters the bloodstream quickly. This can cause a rise in blood glucose levels.
Honey and maple syrup are natural sweeteners and should be used occasionally. Natural sweeteners like stevia can be used without any side effects.
- Whole grains: Grains such as wheat contain a good amount of carbohydrates and gluten. These get broken down immediately as we consume them. Gluten also affects cortisol and leptin and causes spikes in blood sugar.
- Cow Milk: Cow’s milk and dairy products should also be avoided in type 2 diabetes. Dairy products made from milk of A2 cows, Goat or sheep are a good option to control blood sugar.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also increases blood sugar and harms the liver. Studies show that increased consumption of alcohol with 3 or more drinks per day has 43% more chances of induced diabetes. Beer and other liquor that are full of carbohydrates must be avoided.
- Hydrogenated Oils: Avoid pressed at high-temperature oils like cottonseed and soybean. These oils are then treated with bleaching agents which makes them more harmful.
Step 2: include these foods in the diet to reverse diabetes
Add these foods in the diet to prevent or reverse diabetes naturally
- Fiber-rich foods: Fiber-rich foods help to slow down the absorption of glucose and help to control blood sugar. Include foods like sprouts, peas, artichokes that are rich in fiber and fruits like avocado and berries or chia seeds and flax seeds in the diet.
- Chromium rich foods: Chromium rich foods help to improve glucose sensitivity and so balances the glucose level in the blood. Chromium is important for lipid and carbohydrate metabolism in our body by bringing glucose in the cells to use as energy. Foods like broccoli, green beans, and raw cheese are rich in chromium.
- Magnesium-rich foods: Magnesium also helps in glucose metabolism and helps to regulate blood sugar. Spinach, almonds, yogurt, etc are rich in magnesium and can help to reverse type 2 diabetes naturally.
- Healthy Fats: Fatty acids found in coconut oil and red palm oil also help to reduce blood sugar. Ghee, grass-fed butter, coconut milk are also good sources of healthy fats. These kinds of fats are the direct source of fuel for the body and so help to control the blood sugar.
- Low glycemic index foods: The rate of conversion of high glycemic index food is faster than a low glycemic. To reverse diabetes naturally you should eat foods with a low glycemic index. Coconut, avocado, eggs, nuts, and seeds are some low-glycemic index foods.
Step 3: Supplements for Diabetes
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is helpful to improve insulin sensitivity and lowers blood sugar. Compounds found in cinnamon are helpful to increase good cholesterol in the body and decrease the level of triglyceride and LDL Cholesterol.
- Fish Oil: Fish oil supplements are also helpful to reduce triglycerides and increase HDL cholesterol levels. Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oils prevent insulin intolerance and reduces inflammation. It also helps in proper insulin function in the body.
- Bitter Melon Extracts: Bitter melon extracts is also helpful to regulate insulin in the body and thus lowering blood glucose level. These extracts also help to manage insulin resistance, kidney problems, and hormone problems.
Step 4: Exercise to reverse diabetes naturally
Exercise is an important factor that can help to reverse diabetes and reverse it naturally. Studies show that exercise not only improves blood glucose but also helps in blood pressure, and cholesterol levels.
Exercise helps to burn fat by improving metabolism and builds muscles. Making exercise a part of daily routine will help to control and reverse diabetes naturally.
A simple exercise like walking for 20 to 30 mins or cardio exercise and weight training exercises are also beneficial.
All these above steps are simple for type 2 diabetic people to follow and reverse diabetes naturally.